50 Years of VSI
VSI will celebrate 50 years of working for peace and international understanding in 2015.
We feel the year has great potential -
- To raise the profile of VSI; Press and Publicity opportunities; TV/radio programme;
- To reconnect with past members/volunteers
- To revitalise VSI
- To seek fundraising possibilities –company sponsorship
We are looking for ideas for projects, events and activities which could contribute to the success of the year for VSI. But most importantly we are looking for people to get involved in helping us to make 2015 a year to remember for VSI.
Get in touch with the team at the VSI office for more details.
Spike Milligan planting trees with VSI members at Glencree 1974
Conrad and Dorothea Leser planting a tree in Waterford during the 25th Anniversary of VSI.
Read the February 2015 50 Years Bulletin with updates and news here
Read the April 2015 50 years Bulletin with updates and news here
Read more about the VSI Digital History Project here
- Early Years of VSI: Read 'the early years of VSI' reflections by Joanna Leser daughter of the founders Conrad and Dorothea Leser
- VSI Memories 1960's - Phelim Boyle relflects on his involvement with VSI during the 1960's. Read more
- Sowing the Seeds -1965-1969 - read Sinead Walsh's article here on the first 4 years of VSI.
- My time in VSI - Colm Dunne reflects on the work of VSI in Benburb St. Dublin in the early 1970's. Read more
- Give Way to Bikes 1978 Read Rita Dolans account of the VSI Give Way To Bikes initiative of 1978 which sought to improve facilities for cyclists in Dublin city.
- Toyzone: A project ahead of its time 1998 - Read Tiziana Soverino's article here