EVS in Albania 2
EVS in Albania working with the Albania Blind Association (2 EVS)
The Albanian Blind Association works to achieve the full inclusion of blind and partially sighted Albanian people in society by providing them with accessible, professional and modern rehabilitation facilities.
The 2 EVS Volunteers will assisit with:
- "Adopt a Person" initiative where EVS will help out and guide disabled people who are isolated at home because they do not have accessibility and opportunities to go out, have a chat with others, visit places, go to the cinema, the theatre, attend education activities etc.
- Offer periodical support to local coordinators and assistants on projects who implementing projects in local branches, creating good group dynamics, encourage the interest of participants etc.
- Organize social and entertainment support for people with disabilities at the National Rehabilitation Centre for People with Disabilities, such as guiding people around the centre, helping in the kitchen, organizing cultural activities etc.
- Providing language courses to youth with disabilities
- Organize trainings with young disabled people on social inclusion topics and daily living issues
- Helping to write project proposals, fundraising
- Consulting and brainstorming with the Youth Social Forum. Making awareness campaigns together with local youth on anti-discrimination issues
No qualifications or experience are required. Volunteers must be interested and motivated to work with people with disabilities, in disability rights, youth and international volunteer exchange. As it is not necessary for you to have previous experience, the strongest criterion is your motivation.
Practical details: You will receive free accommodation (in your own room in a shared apartment with other volunteers/young people), food, insurance and monthly ‘pocket money’. The only thing you might have to pay is a very small part of your travel costs.
Other info: We are recruiting 2 volunteers for this project from Ireland, other EVS volunteers may work alongside you.
Placement dates: Flexible start date, 10 months duration
Application deadline: Flexible
Application procedure: Complete the application form here. Send completed applications forms to Mateja in VSI: email@example.com. Volunteers will be interviewed over skype by VSI/the host organisation.