Call for Project Coordinators in Killarney National Park!
4 May 2017
Do you have experience leading volunteer projects or youth exchanges? VSI is looking for motivated individuals to volunteer as a coordinator for our projects in beautiful Killarney National Park! These short-term projects (10-15 days) are taking place from June to August.
The Coordinators' role involves volunteering with a group of Irish and international volunteers, helping them settle in, helping to organise the group on a daily basis, developing and supporting good group dynamics, promoting intercultural exchange and helping to organise free-time activities as well as educating volunteers on VSI’s values and topics such as peace and social justice through non-formal education methods.
- Volunteering experience is essential.
- Experience of working with groups, youth exchanges or running workshops would be useful as well as knowledge and some experience in youth work or the voluntary and community sector.
- You must be over 21 and have good communication and organisational skills.
- Enthusiasm, a positive attitude and the desire to either gain leadership skills or to apply the ones you already have will be of benefit!
What's in for you?
- The experience of working on international projects, getting to know the project host organisation and improving your leadership skills.
- A weekend training at the end of May and support during the project.
- Accommodation, food and travel expenses will be covered.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Mateja at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a ring at +353 1 855 1011. If you would like to apply, please complete the Project Coordinators form and send it back to Mateja at the address previously mentioned.