Application Forms/ Procedures
Apply for all VSI programmes and for VSI Membership if you are normally resident in Ireland or Northern Ireland
If you are living elsewhere then contact the branch or partner organisation in your country
- Apply for an International Volunteer Project (2-3 weeks) through the International Project Database Follow the simple instructions on the database which enables you to create an account and to make an application for an International Volunteer Project.
- Apply for VSI Volunteer Project Coordinator Role
- Apply for EVS / Long Term Volunteering Projects
- Apply for VSI membership
VSI views participation in an International Volunteer Project/Long Term Volunteering Projects as one part of a process which includes Application, Preparation, Participation and Evaluation.
- Complete all parts of the relevant application form
- Send in your Project Fee with your application. More details on project fees and costs Please note, we cannot process your application until we receive payment.
- VSI will inform you by email when you are accepted for a project or if there are no vacancies. This will usually be within a week but in some cases can take longer.
- The Project Information Sheet, which includes more info on the project you are going to, will be sent to you at least 4 weeks before the project starts.
Cancellations and Refunds
If you have to cancel your application, please let us know immediately. Once placed on a project of your choice, you will not be entitled to a refund of your Project Fee, apart from exceptional cases. However, if we are unable to place you on a project, we will refund your Project fee (minus your VSI membership fee), You will remain a member of VSI for one year.
If you would like to apply with a friend, please send your applications together with a note of explanation, including whether or not you would accept separate places. Although we will do our best to find places together, we cannot guarantee it.
You will be invited to a Preparation Workshop which will give you practical advice and information on what to bring, insurance etc. as well as more details about what to expect on your Volunteer Project including your role and benefit of the projects, guidelines for participation etc.
You will be invited to an Evaluation Workshop in the autumn ( or after completion of your project) where you are given the chance to meet other volunteers and to talk about your project experiences - both positive and negative ones. You will also discover details of other activities and opportunities to get involved in with VSI. VSI uses the workshops to improve the programme, it is only through your comments and opinions that we can do this.