Project Fees and Costs
Costs - No Fundraising Needed!
- Free food and accommodation is provided while on the individual projects.
- Volunteers have to cover travel to the country and internal travel to/from the projects.
- Volunteers are covered under a basic SCI Insurance policy for projects in Europe/North America
- Volunteers have to cover visa fees (if any).
- Volunteers pay a Project Fee to VSI with their application (see below)
- Most partner organisations in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Middle East and Iceland charge an extra fee (from €150-€250) which the volunteer will have to pay on arrival. This will be stated in the project description.
VSI Project Fees (short/long term)
|Volunteer Projects||Waged||Unwaged||2nd Project|
|International -Rest of World Projects||€180||€150||€50|
VSI is a voluntary, non-profit organisation so we need to charge each volunteer a Project Fee.
This fee includes
- The administration costs involved in your placement, insurance cover while taking part in projects in Europe/ North America (contact VSI for details of cover and limitations),
- Membership of VSI for one year. As a member of VSI you will receive regular news bulletins keeping you up to date with VSI news, events and volunteer opportunities both within and outside of VSI.
- Your participation at the VSI Preparation Workshops for volunteers and Evaluation Workshop on your return.
- Back up and support at all stages of your volunteer project
VSI Membership Fees
- Life Membership - €300
- Waged - €30
- Unwaged - €15
- Asylum Seeker - €2
Please note we will not process your application until we receive the Project Fee
Cancellations and refunds
If you have to cancel your application, please let us know immediately. Once placed on a project of your choice, you will not be entitled to a refund of your Project Fee, apart from exceptional cases. However, if we are unable to place you on a project, we will refund you Project fee (minus your VSI membership fee), you will remain a member of VSI for one year.
How to Pay
Go to the section Payments on the VSI website and follow the simple instructions